Bobby Flay Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe is a salad like no other. The Brussels sprouts are roasted with shallots and balsamic vinegar and tossed with some chickpeas for protein, making this a perfect lunch.
The salad is topped with an incredible balsamic vinaigrette, grilled garlic, and parsley. This family-friendly dinner you can serve for dinner parties or the holidays.
Bobby Flay Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Brussel sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, or other chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 oz)
Remove the ends of the sprouts using a spoon. This is easy to do if you cut them in half first. Cut into 2-inch pieces (or 1 cm pieces). Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
Roast The Brussel Sprouts:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the Brussel sprouts in the remaining oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish large enough to allow them to all fit in one layer. Roast, stirring once during cooking until they are tender but not mushy. This will take about 25 minutes.
Toss together the chickpeas and sprouts with more fresh cracked black pepper and serve alongside a salad of romaine lettuce drizzled with diced tomatoes, scallions, crumbled feta cheese, and red wine vinaigrette.
If you want to make it a main course, serve with additional chickpeas and sauteed spinach.
Note: A red wine vinaigrette can be created by mixing together 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories: 149; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sodium: 35mg; Protein 315g
Is Brussel Sprout Salad Good For You?
Brussel Sprout Salad is high in vitamin C and fiber. It also contains some vitamins A, B6, potassium, and phosphorus. Chickpeas are a good source of protein.
Brussel Sprout Salad may be rich in fiber and other nutrients, but remember that it still contains calories. So you should watch your portions when eating them in an attempt to lose weight.
Health Benefits Of Brussel Sprout Salad
Brussel Sprout Salad is high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc. It also contains some vitamin E, folate, and manganese. Chickpeas are a good source of protein as well as iron and folate.
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Brussel Sprout Salad:
1. Brussel Sprout Salad is a natural detoxifier. It contains powerful nutrients that can help your liver perform more effectively and get rid of toxins from your body.
2. Brussel Sprout Salads are good for digestion. They contain enzymes that help break down the food you consume, and the dietary fiber helps keep you feeling full longer.
3. Brussel Sprout Salad can help fight heart disease because they contain folic acid and vitamin B6, which play an important role in preventing high cholesterol, heart attack, and stroke caused by plaque build-up in arteries.
4. Brussel Sprout Salads are very low in calories, only 29 per cup (raw). This helps make them a healthy option if you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight.
5. Brussel Sprout Salad can help reduce your risk of cancer because of the high amount of vitamin A, which helps your immune system keep cancer at bay.
6. Brussel Sprout Salads are good for bone health because they contain good amounts of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin K, which promote bone growth and development.
7. Brussel Sprout Salad provides protection against Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other memory-related disorders because they contain vitamin K and B vitamins (especially B6), which are involved in developing healthy brain tissue.
Can You Lose Weight Eating Brussel Sprout Salad?
Yes. You can lose weight by eating a one-cup serving of Brussel Sprout Salad at least four times per week.
To lose 1 pound in a month, you would need to cut 500 calories from your diet each day, or 250 calories from your diet per day if you are already trying to lose weight.
If you make this one change to your diet, you will cut about 500 calories from your diet each day.
How Do You Eat Brussel Sprout Salad?
You can eat Brussel Sprout Salad in a variety of ways. It can be eaten as a side dish or as the main dish. The easiest way to prepare it is by opening a bag of pre-washed sprouts, adding the ingredients, and tossing it into the oven.
A more complex way is by roasting them in their jackets and peeling them yourself. You can also steam them or boil them to add an extra layer of flavor that isn’t offered by any other cooking technique. You can also enjoy Brussel Sprout Salad raw with ranch dressing.
The Bottom Line
Brussel Sprout Salad is very nutritious and tasty. It can help you lose weight, keep your immune system healthy, reduce the risk of cancers and Alzheimer’s disease, and provide protection from memory-related disorders.