Breaking the heart of someone you love is one of the most agonizing, soul-crushing feelings that you can experience. It hurts to know that the person you care about doesn’t feel the same way about you.
There are many ways of breaking someone’s heart, but it is not an easy feat. A person truly in love will feel sad and hurt when their lover breaks up with them.
Most of the time, however, people want to blame themselves for the loss and think that they’re not good enough for their partners.
The feeling of rejection can be so powerful that it sometimes leads to depression, lethargy, and the inability to concentrate.
There are many ways to deal with a broken heart. First of all, it is important not to blame yourself for what happened. People have different standards of qualities; if your partner doesn’t find you the one he or she wants, it is totally okay.
Table of Contents
What Does It Feel Like Breaking Someone’s Heart?
Breaking the heart of someone you love is probably one of the worst feelings in this world. What makes it worse is that you were not expecting it to happen. You were just trying to be their best friend, or maybe you used to have a crush on them.
How To Break Someone’s Heart Gently?
Breaking someone’s heart is hard because you have been with that person for a long time, and now you have to tell them something that will make them seriously hurt, even if they are willing to listen. Before you do that, here are some steps to guide you:
- Choose the right time. Breaking someone’s heart is like ripping off a band-aid. You can’t just do it any time because it will hurt worse than it should.
- It is better to talk to them in person instead of texting or calling them because it makes them uncomfortable and you have less chance to explain yourself properly in those ways.
- Be nice about it. Regardless of how much you love someone, never ever be mean about it when breaking their heart; it makes everything worse for them and for you too, but most importantly for them.
- If you like that person, it is better if you really don’t start dating them in the first place unless you can truly see yourself with that person. Breaking someone’s heart without having feelings for them is even harder than it would be otherwise.
7 Ways To Get Over The Guilt Of Breaking Someone’s Heart
If you have to break someone’s heart, there are probably several ways that you need to understand it so you can get past it.
1. Tell Them The Truth And Don’t Try To Force Yourself On Them
You might think that if they really knew what was going on, they would react differently or forgive you, but do not fool yourself into thinking that is true.
2. Don’t Wait Too Long
They will forgive you for it in time, but if you wait too long, then the hurt will never go away because the memory of what happened is always right there to remind them of how much they were hurt when it happened the first time.
3. Be Here For Them When They Need You
If you have done all that you can to make amends for what you’ve done, then you should be there when they need someone to talk to.
4. Don’t Start A Relationship With Them
If the person you have broken your heart with was a close friend, then it is likely that they will want to be part of your life again because of how much they care about you. If so, don’t let them. It is better if your friendship is just shattered and stays shattered instead of hurting them even more than it hurts them right now.
5. Talk To Other People About It
If you’re not ready for a relationship again or have made enough effort to change your ways and be the person you used to be when giving your heart away, then tell other people about it. Maybe they already know what happened and can help you overcome the guilt.
6. Don’t Go Through With The Relationship
If you have already started dating someone else, then break up with them before it goes too far because neither of you will know what is going on in the other person’s mind or where things are going between the two of you.
7. Talk To Someone
Maybe you just need to hear that the person you love is alright and not angry with you for what happened. You can talk to your therapist, a close friend, or even someone else who doesn’t know about what happened but would still be willing to listen to what you have to say.
The Bottom Line
This is a very hard thing that people experience every day because they are not aware of how they are breaking each other’s hearts even when they really love the person. They have to have enough time to understand, and then they can start making the relationship better again.
Breaking someone’s heart is one of the hardest things a person has to do because they have never been through it themselves.