Can you wear makeup to eye exam? Some people may think that you can get away with wearing makeup to get an eye exam, but the glare of overhead lights and the lens of the eye chart can make it impossible to see your beautiful face.
Do so before your appointment if you want to try on some new eyeshadow. When you get your eyes examined by a doctor to receive a prescription for glasses or contact lenses, it’s important that they are able to see exactly what they’re looking at.
A doctor who examines your eyes must be able to see your pupils and the shape of your eyeballs, as well as the clarity of your corneas.
When you wear eye makeup, especially dark mascara, eyeliner, or shadow (which are usually black), you can’t possibly see very well. And when you can’t see very well, it’s impossible to give a thorough eye examination.
That’s because there might be something the doctor needs to look at under the surface of your eyes in order to assess them properly.
Table of Contents
Why You Should Wear Makeup To The Eye Exam
It may sound strange, but wearing makeup can actually make your eye exam more accurate by hiding certain flaws that might obscure the doctor’s findings.
For example, if you have puffy or swollen eyes due to allergies or any other reason, then wearing concealer around your eyes will hide that while you’re getting your exam.
Can You Wear Makeup To Eye Exam: Safety Precautions
Before you apply your makeup, it’s important that you talk to your eye care professional to make sure there are no safety precautions.
For example, certain types of contact lenses can’t be worn during certain exams, such as when the doctor wants to dilate your pupils. If this is the case, then the safest option is to wear makeup instead of contacts during your exam.
Tips For Creating A Day Of Beauty At The Doctor’s Office
To make your eye exam look as good as possible, here are some ideas:
- Don’t spray perfume on your wrists, and then put it on your face. The scent can hide behind the makeup and affect how the doctor sees you. Instead, use body lotion to absorb the scent of the skin.
- If your eyelashes are dark, then you don’t have to wear mascara. You can simply use a little bit of lip gloss on them instead.
- Smile and make sure that your hair looks good!
- Remember to get all the makeup off before you go to sleep that night because it could cause irritation. Also, remember that most ophthalmologists stay open late because they know people have to get their eye exams done during their lunch break at work.
- Perfume is not a good idea for your eyes.
- Don’t apply makeup if your exam is on a bumpy table. The motion can ruin the makeup. However, if you’re in one of the doctor’s office chairs, then this shouldn’t be an issue.
- If you’re nervous or concerned about something, then it’s best to talk about it. Don’t be embarrassed! The doctor has seen plenty of people go through their eye exams before, so don’t think you’re alone in this.
What Should You Not Do Before An Eye Exam?
If you’re going to a routine eye exam, then you don’t have to do anything special before your appointment. However, if the doctor tells you that you need to put in contact lenses for your exam, then it’s very important that you follow their instructions carefully.
Also, make sure that you don’t use any kind of cassette tape on your eyes. Contact lenses must be left out of the cassette and must be clean when put in.
Don’t try to pick at your eyelids or do something else to them either, but remember that if you accidentally get them dirty, it’s best that you just wash them like any other part of your body and not try to clean them yourself.
If your eyes are irritated, then don’t apply makeup to them or use anything that might irritate them. Wash them with a solution of two tablespoons of chlorine bleach to one cup of water and then rinse twice with the solution. You don’t want to rub these infections off your clothes.
If you have dry eyes or any other eye problems that make it difficult for you to see clearly, please don’t wear makeup for your eye exam. You need to be able to see as well as possible so that the doctor can give you the best prescription.
If you have your eye exam right after a long day of work, then it’s best to go home and rest first. Your eyes will be red and puffy due to being rubbed all day, and it’s not a good idea for you to wear makeup over those kinds of problems.
The Bottom Line
In short, you should wear your best makeup for your eye exam. Some people think that they can get away with wearing dark eyeliner and mascara to their eye exams, but the truth is that it will make your exams inaccurate. Remember that you need to be able to see clearly so that the doctor can correctly assess your eyes.
If you’re lucky enough to have a favorite ophthalmologist, then ask him or her if you can wear makeup during your exam. They may know what kinds of makeup won’t get messed up with the eye charts and other equipment in their office.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Wow! I never knew that my eyeliner could interfere with my eye exam!” then please make sure to share this article with your friends and family. They might not be aware that wearing makeup to the eye exam is harmful, so let them know.
- When A Guy Wants To Hang Out With You: Signs And Insights - September 14, 2023
- Is It Normal To Lose Feelings In A Relationship - September 12, 2023
- I Don’t Care About Relationships: Embracing The Single Life - September 10, 2023