In the book “The Fourth Secret” by Earl Nightingale, there is an example of growth mindset, and it is exciting.
The author states, “It is simple; if you want to change something about yourself, all you have to do is envision it and force yourself to do it.”
This sounds simple, but many people can’t do this. It is also important to understand what is the growth mindset before applying this to your situation.
What Is a Growth Mindset?
What is a growth mindset, and how does it affect one’s success? In human decision-making and other systems thinking, a mindset is a set of ideas, methods, or beliefs held by one or a handful of individuals.
A single mindset can be viewed as stemming from an individual’s worldview or philosophy of life or from a group’s common perception of that life.
“Growth mindset is not about having a college degree or smarts. It’s all about believing that your mind can do whatever it sets out to do.” This statement is also true. Believing that your mind has the power to achieve great things is what makes you have a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset.
So, how can we cultivate a growth mindset? The first step is to identify the characteristics that define you as a person. These may include-
- Your values
- belief system
- character traits
- And network connections.
Once you understand who you are, you can begin to improve your Mindset by consciously choosing to view situations from different perspectives. By doing so, you will set goals aligned with your values and abilities, strengthening your frame of mind.
Finally, you should remember that what is a growth mindset? It is built upon strong foundations and nurtured regularly. The purpose of this is to ensure that you always have the mental strength necessary to tackle any challenge that comes at you.
If you do not have this positive self-belief. Then you should consider hiring a personal development consultant to help you achieve this goal.
What is a Fixed Mindset?
What is a fixed mindset anyway? In the mental framework and theory, a fixed mindset is simply a collection of ideas, strategies, or thoughts held by one or many individuals or groups of individuals. It may be identified as a personal point of view, a social perspective, or a cultural tradition.
A fixed mindset may also be viewed as stemming from an individual’s view of the world or philosophy of life or stemming from influential individuals’ influence. While this occurs, a fixed mindset is often associated with certain personalities.
Those who subscribe to what is a fixed mindset believe that one can not change some things like-
- I am always correct,
- My opinion is right,
- I can never be wrong,
- I am immune to conflict etc.
In Carol Dweck’s “Carol Dweck’s Top Most Used Words”, the ten most used words are “believe,” “expect,” “change,” “care,” “damage,” “esteem,” “usefulness,” and “value.”
According to Dweck, those who subscribe to the “I can’t do” Mindset discount their potential. The “I Can” Mindset, according to Dweck, prevents the formation of meaningful relationships, while the “I can’t” Mindset, conversely, facilitates relationships that will produce results.
What is the Main Difference between Growth Mindset and Fixed?
What is the main difference between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset? Some of them are mentioned below:
“The main difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset is that with a fixed mindset, you are secure in your beliefs and won’t allow anything to disrupt your comfort zone.” This statement is true. You are not allowing anything to change your Mindset. But instead, you are just adapting to what is going on around you.
A fixed mindset is one where you are afraid of change. With a growth mindset, you are not afraid of change because you already have the power within yourself to achieve great things.
On the other hand, with the growth mindset, you are not allowing anything to change your Mindset; rather, you allow opportunities to enter your life that may challenge you. You are encouraged to take them as an opportunity to grow.
You see, some people are successful, and others aren’t because they are fearful of failure. With the growth mindset, you will realize that nothing is impossible and that you are already capable of achieving great things.
Why A Growth Mindset Is Essential For Success
A growth mindset is essential for success because you will see the opportunities in front of you and also be able to take advantage of these opportunities. You will be able to see the mountains in front of you without getting lost in the woods. You will also be able to use your Mindset to achieve things that others may think are near impossible.
By using a growth mindset, you will be more willing to put forth an effort, you will have a positive mindset, and you will be more driven.
Many people fail to achieve great success because they do not focus on what they already have. Instead, they focus on what they want to have. If you want to achieve the level of success you are after, you need to change your thoughts and Mindset.
“How can you expect to be successful if you don’t know where you’re going?” Another quote by Tony Robbins boils it down to this: “If you don’t know where you’re going, you have no way to get there.” When people say, I don’t know how to start, and people lose sight of their goals.
The mind is so powerful that once you clear your mind of all the BS, you will see that you already know just what you want and how to get there. If you are willing to get rid of your problems and have the right mindset, you can overcome any obstacle.
How to Change Your Mindset
How change your Mindset takes a lot more than good looks to attract others. It brings positive thoughts and behaviors. If you want to develop your inner strengths and find your unique self-leadership style, it takes a lot more than outward looks. It would be best to get your inner self into alignment with your own personal and professional goals.
The growth mindset believes that we are all born with some talents that can be developed. It also believes that one can share those talents and that anyone can have those talents regardless of background.
In its use of neurotic fear defense mechanism, the Oprah Winfrey Show is a prime example of how we can handle fear through thought avoidance. You might notice that you immediately begin looking for signs of fear when you are nervous or afraid in every possible place. In your case, that might be toward your fear of falling.
How do you deal with the fear of working hard? You don’t fall back on your talent alone; you work hard, just as you would when climbing a mountain or doing a meditating exercise.
But, when you are trying to succeed at something big, you don’t fall back on your talent alone; you need to bring along the whole team, and the hard work; you need to make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction toward the common goal.
Practical example of Growth Mindset
“10 Practical Examples of Growth Mindset” by Tony Robbins is a very good basic guide on how to develop your growth mindset. He summarizes growth as the ability to change and adapt to change in both yourself and others.
So, what is an example of the growth Mindset?
- Something that someone else did to achieve a goal.
- You are doing your best at something.
- And you are doing your very best in something.
- Then you are doing your very best at something in every way possible.
- Finally, you are doing your best at everything you do.
- You are working your butt off at your job.
- Setting goals that are challenging and that you can accomplish.
- You are doing the things that will get you to your dream house.
Here’s the problem with most people’s growth mindset: they don’t use their minds to check and double-check their assumptions because they’re too afraid to fail. They don’t know what they’re worth. And don’t understand their true worth.
They fear that failure might mean the total and complete destruction of everything they’ve built, or worse, their entire existence could be nothing more than a failure. Therefore, their growth mindset prevents them from ever really getting anywhere.
What’s the solution?
- Your growth mindset needs to be honed. It needs to be made stronger through consistent application. It can be made stronger by being broken down into smaller steps. For example, let’s say you want to get in shape. You could break your goal down into several smaller steps like walking a mile.
- Each of these smaller steps would be easier to do, and by the time you complete them, you’ll feel better about your overall conditioning. Once you complete the first milestone, you can move on to the next one. If you keep repeating this process over, eventually, you’ll get to where you want to go without even thinking about it.
- If you are looking for some growth mindset tips for yourself, try reading a book about personal development or leadership. These books usually touch on how your Mindset can affect every aspect of your life. For example, if you have a negative mindset, you’ll probably choose to do things in a way that will make you miserable. However, if you spend time thinking positively, you’ll find that you’re more motivated to get things done.
- Also, try keeping a journal. Write down everything you do, both good and bad. When you’re reflecting on your progress, you’ll see how your actions have directly mirrored back onto your beliefs. Even if you don’t think anything is wrong with you, your subconscious mind makes adjustments to your actions based on your writing down. So instead of feeling bad, you’ll start to feel good because you’re reflecting on all of the good things you’ve done.
Of course, these are just a few practical examples of the growth mindset. There are many ways to develop a strong mindset, so it’s not just something you either “do” or “not do.” However, it would be best to believe that it’s important to become an “or efficient” habit.
It’s really easy to replace the growth mindset over time as you go through life. However, if you start off using these techniques now, you’ll be well on your way to having a more powerful outlook on life that will impact every aspect of it.
- How To Keep Skin Hydrated In Winter: Tips And Tricks For A Glowing Complexion - March 16, 2023
- How To Maintain Healthy And Youthful Skin: Tips, Tricks, And Secrets - March 13, 2023
- Homemade Toners For Radiant Skin: Natural Ways To Boost Your Glow - March 11, 2023
5 thoughts on “Example of Growth Mindset”