I’m going to show you how to make Juan Pollo Potato salad recipe.
I use this salad as my lunch, so it’s quick and easy to throw together. It’s also a fun food group for smaller kids or when you need a side dish that is not heavy!
Juan Pollo Potato salad is a side dish recipe with garlic, onion, green pepper, and carrots and is seasoned with salt and pepper. This is a very basic potato salad recipe.
You can add more ingredients to the Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe. For example, you can add diced ham or peas for a different flavor. Add the ingredients you want, and enjoy!
Table of Contents
How Do I Make Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe?
Potatoes, Rotisserie Chicken, Carrots, Red Wine Vinegar, Honey, Mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced potatoes – steam until tender but still slightly crunchy (about 15 minutes)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (prefer thick)
- 3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pound cooked rotisserie chicken (or cooked and shredded/chopped chicken)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Step-by-step directions below:
- Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a large bowl and cover with water by about an inch mix, then cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Then, drain water in a steamer (assuming you are using a regular size steamer). Steam potatoes until tender but still slightly crunchy, about 15 minutes. Set aside while steaming carrots.
- Steam carrots until tender but still slightly crunchy and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Notes: This recipe is intended for 2 people as a side dish and not a whole meal. You can certainly double the recipe if you are making it for a hubby because your hubby will want to eat it all!
What Salad Dressing Goes On Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
This potato salad is great with my “Creamy Ranch Dressing” or my “Italian Dressing” What Salad Dressing Goes On Juan Pollo Potato Salad? I also love to serve this with a refreshing side like a tossed green salad with balsamic dressing.
What Is A Good Side For Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
Juan Pollo potato salad is great on its own as a side dish, but you can also add other items to make the meal even more filling.
I like to add stuff like crackers, cheese, and roasted vegetables. I also love my Red Wine Sangria Piccola with this dish as a nice complement.
Juan Pollo Potato Salad Nutrition Facts
|Calories from fat||160|
|Total fat||17 g|
|Saturated fat||4 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||42 grams|
|Dietary fiber||2 grams (11% DV)|
|Sugars||8 grams (43% DV)|
Is Juan Pollo Potato Salad Healthy?
This Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe is healthy for you and an excellent choice for lunch. It is low in cholesterol and saturated fat.
One serving contains 8 grams of dietary fiber, which is above average for a side dish, making it good for your digestive system and helping you to feel full longer than other side dishes.
How Long Does Juan Pollo Potato Salad Last?
This salad will last about 1-2 days in the refrigerator. It is best eaten within a day of being prepared, or it will start to get limp.
NOTE: Do not freeze this salad since it contains mayonnaise and honey. They won’t freeze well, and they will get too icy to enjoy.
The Bottom Line
This Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe is pretty tasty, and the great thing about it is that it’s fast, easy, and affordable. This is the perfect side dish when you are serving a crowd, and it can make a lovely addition to any party or family gathering.
Thanks for reading Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe!
- What Is A Nesting Partner? - September 22, 2023
- Why Guys Nowadays Don’t Want Girlfriends - September 20, 2023
- My Boyfriend Got Drunk And Cheated On Me: Coping With Betrayal - September 18, 2023