Macho Salad Bandera is a dish that is most commonly found in Texas, but there are many variations.
While the recipe may change slightly depending on where you’re from, this recipe for Macho Salad will give you a clear idea of what it is all about.
This food is part of Tex-Mex cuisine and is typically served as a side dish. However, it is also served as a main meal in some restaurants.
Macho Salad Bandera Recipe
- 3 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 ½ cup of sliced onions
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or seasoning salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup of bacon bits (optional)
- 2 slices of bread (toasted, optional)
- ¾ cup of sour cream (optional)
- In a saucepan, add olive oil and bring to medium heat; add onion until lightly browned, then add tomatoes and mix in medium heat to cook for about 3 minutes or until the tenderness is just reached. Then add the cheddar cheese and mix in the oil until it becomes soft and melted while stirring at the same time often so that it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Add black pepper, parsley, and oregano after about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly before you add the avocado slices; keep mixing well so that it doesn’t separate. Then add Macho Salad Bandera to a bowl, mix well and serve on toast or bread of your choice.
What Salad Dressing Goes On Macho Salad?
Most versions of Macho Salad are served with ranch dressing. The ranch is also complemented by the sweetness of the caramelized onions, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese combination. Other salad dressings that go well with Macho Salad include blue cheese, Caesar, and Italian.
However, you can also use sour cream instead of salad dressing for a creamy dressing that perfectly accompanies this Macho Salad Bandera Recipe.
How Long Does Macho Salad Last?
This dish stays good in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days and can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
How Do You Eat Macho Salad?
As this is a side dish, it is generally eaten with other Tex-Mex dishes such as nachos, tacos, and fajitas for lunch or dinner. Some people may have this as a main meal served on a plate with mashed potatoes.
What Is A Good Side For Macho Salad?
Macho Salad goes well with almost any side dish; however, the most common combination goes well with tortilla chips. Tortilla chips complement this dish that contains cheese and avocados very well because of the saltiness of the chips. Other good sides include Mexican rice and refried beans.
Is Macho Salad Good For You?
Yes, this dish is good for you. Macho Salad is loaded with nutrients with only a small amount of fat and calories. It contains vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamins A, and C, as well as folate. This dish also contains heart-healthy fats to help lower bad cholesterol and control high blood pressure.
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Macho Salad
More about Macho Salad can be found in this section.
1. Low In Fat And Calories
Macho Salad Bandera Recipe contains only 807mg sodium and 13g protein. It also has only 51g of carbs. With only 44g of fat, this dish has fewer calories than other Mexican dishes.
2. Easy To Prepare
This recipe is easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time before it’s ready for serving; it takes less than an hour to prepare the whole dish depending on what side dishes accompany it.
3. Weight Loss
This dish is high in fiber, which helps maintain a healthy weight. Fiber also helps control the appetite, thus helping to lose weight. It is also low in calories, sodium, and fat (only 44g of fat).
4. Good For The Heart
Macho Salad may help reduce the risk of heart disease and lower blood pressure because it contains plenty of monounsaturated fats that help lower bad cholesterol levels.
5. Good Source Of Vitamin C
Macho Salad Bandera Recipe contains a good amount of vitamin C, which is required to keep your skin firm and maintain healthy gums and teeth. Vitamin C is also helpful in the absorption of iron, so it goes well with beans, which are recommended to go with it.
The Bottom Line
Macho Salad Bandera Recipe is a great option if you’re looking to create something new and tasty while cutting down your carb intake. This recipe is easy to prepare, economical, and very healthy.
It’s creamy, delicious, and full of flavor, making it perfect as a side dish or a main meal. Try this Macho Salad Recipe and enjoy your favorite Tex-Mex food in a little time at home!
- How To Keep Skin Hydrated In Winter: Tips And Tricks For A Glowing Complexion - March 16, 2023
- How To Maintain Healthy And Youthful Skin: Tips, Tricks, And Secrets - March 13, 2023
- Homemade Toners For Radiant Skin: Natural Ways To Boost Your Glow - March 11, 2023