Piada Farmers Market Salad is a quick and easy salad that is best when served fresh. With just a few ingredients and the ability to do it at home, this salad can be shared with friends or enjoyed by yourself. Enjoy!
What Is Piada Farmers Market Salad Made Of?
Piada Farmers Market Salad is composed of romaine lettuce, chicken, raw spinach, and roasted turkey. While the romaine lettuce is the main ingredient of this salad, the roasted turkey is what gives it a brown color.
The texture of this salad feels like that of pasta because of its similar shape; however, it can never replace your favorite noodles just yet. Meanwhile, the unique taste makes you want to come back for more.
Piada Farmers Market Salad Recipe
- 300 grams of romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces roast turkey, diced
- 4 ounces raw spinach, cleaned, chopped, and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced small to medium-sized* (can also use green peppers or even yellow bell peppers instead)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste * Add more when the salad is already cooked. Tip: Be generous with the vinegar. It makes a difference in taste. This can be omitted if you are not ready to serve it right away.
- 4 cups spring onions, sliced thin
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce; set aside in a large bowl or plate.
- Combine olive oil and vinegar (or apple cider vinegar). Set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Add the turkey; cook until browned and cooked through, or use your own preferred method. Once the turkey is cooked, set it aside in a large bowl (make sure to leave enough oil in the pan for the next step).
- Add the spinach, red bell pepper, and garlic to the same skillet. Stir frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir frequently until vegetables are soft or your preferred texture is reached.
- Add the vegetables to the large bowl with turkey; add spring onions and stir. Pour in extra virgin olive oil/vinegar mixture on top of salad mixture; toss gently until mixed well. Serve immediately or chill for a couple of hours before serving.
This salad can be served as a side dish or as a main dish if it is served with seeded bread rolls or wraps, cut up into small pieces, or thin strips (breadsticks).
It can be eaten with or without the dressing. You can also add some seeded bread rolls or wraps to the salad to get a fuller meal.
When using raw turkey, make sure that bacteria, particularly salmonella, have not contaminated the meat because it can cause severe illness or possibly death depending on the amount consumed. If in doubt, a good way to prevent this is by cooking it, which will aid in killing bacteria.
If you are going to use raw turkey and serve the salad immediately, make sure that you cook the turkey thoroughly and then place it at room temperature. You can also use chicken instead if you do not want to take any risk when preparing the dish.
For a full meal, you can serve this salad with any type of bread roll or wrap, cut into small pieces or thin strips (bread sticks). You can also add potato chips, sunflower seeds, and nuts.
Farm Salad Dressing
One of the great things about Piada Farmers Market Salad is that you can add your very own dressing to it, which may be prepared ahead of time. In other words, you can have your salad all set and ready for you if ever you feel like eating one.
If a store-bought salad dressing is used instead, please check the expiration date first before using it to avoid spoilage. If possible, make it at home for improved taste and freshness.
- 150 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil (or can use 2 tablespoons of olive oil from the jar)
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar (or your favorite vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (or 2 teaspoons of brown sugar)
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients in the order listed and mix very well using a wire whisk or wooden spoon; set aside.
- To serve, use on any kind of salad, including Piada Farmers Market Salad. Enjoy!
What Is A Good Side For Piada Farmers Market Salad?
Boiled potatoes, pasta, and rice are great side dishes with Piada Farmers Market Salad. These can be made ahead of time.
Piada Farmers Market Salad Nutrition
Piada Farmers Market Salad is rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
A Piada Farmers Market Salad serving contains 129 calories, 1 gram of protein, 5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbohydrates. Meanwhile, it has less than 50 milligrams of sodium per serving. It also contains vitamins A and C plus potassium per serving.
You have to keep in mind that the nutritional content may vary depending on the exact ingredients used. The nutritional values also depend on your food choices and food preparation.
Is Piada Farmers Market Salad Healthy?
The salads are healthy and count as low and moderate-calorie-dense foods. Meanwhile, Piada Farmers Market Salad is considered a good source of dietary fiber, protein, and healthy fat.
It is also a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A and C. It may also contain several other nutrients depending on each specific recipe’s ingredients.
This salad can help you eat healthier, regardless of whether the salad is prepared in a home manner or bought at a market.
How Long Does Piada Farmers Market Salad Last?
A lot of factors affect the shelf life of a particular food, such as the freshness of the ingredients used, how it is handled and stored, how it is cooked, and how it was prepared.
If prepared properly, it can last for two days in your refrigerator. Alternatively, you can use olive oil/vinegar dressing to keep this fresh salad longer.
How To Freeze Piada Farmers Market Salad?
Freezer burn can be prevented when freezing Piada Farmers Market Salad by wrapping it well with freezer-safe wrap (for instance, a vacuum sealer or airtight container for extra protection).
Piada Farmers Market Salad may be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then enjoy. Make sure your salad is wrapped properly before storing it in the freezer.
It is important that you know how to store food properly in order for them to last longer without spoiling. This way, you’ll have no problem eating fresh foods prepared from scratch at home with your friends and family.
The Bottom Line
Piada Farmers Market Salad is a great way to eat healthier and possibly lose weight. If the ingredients are high quality, then you have nothing to worry about when eating this salad. However, if not, the ingredients may spoil quickly and make you sick. The extra virgin olive oil/vinegar dressing that comes with this salad is a good choice if prepared at home as it can retain its freshness for a long time.
In order to make the salad last longer without spoiling, you have to store it properly. Freezer burn can be prevented when freezing this dish.
Have you tried to prepare Piada Farmers Market Salad at home? Is there any recipe that is your favorite?
Please leave a comment below and let us all know. Thank you!