Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for summer BBQs, picnics, and potlucks.
This salad recipe is an all-time favorite in the South where I grew up, and it’s what I crave during hot summer days.
I love potato salad because it’s easy to make, cheap, and filling. It also makes a quick and easy side dish that you can whip up in seconds.
I have made this potato salad for every family get-together for a long time, and people flock to the table whenever I make it. It’s a very simple side dish that packs a big flavor punch.
Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad Recipe
- 8 large potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup relish (diced pickles will also do)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing if you want)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper, ground fresh from the mill
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse them in cold water until they are cool enough to handle. When they are cool enough to handle, carefully remove the skins with a small paring knife.
- Then dice the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Mix together the chopped potatoes and all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add more mayonnaise or pepper if needed. Chill the potato salad before serving.
What Salad Dressing goes on Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad?
I love to serve this potato salad with an old southern standby, Shout Hallelujah Salad Dressing. You can buy it at most grocery and convenience stores in the South.
It’s a simple, quick, and easy salad dressing that is low in calories and packed with flavor. It’s a little pricey for my taste, but I absolutely love it on potato salad.
What Is A Good Side For Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad?
I like to serve this dish with corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is a Southern tradition, and it’s a staple side dish at any summer BBQ. You can also serve it with baked beans or baked potato casserole.
Shout Hallelujah, Potato Salad Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/4 cup (58 grams)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||24 g (7%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Health Benefits of Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad
Potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. They are so healthy and filling, and they go with so many meals.
Potato skins are the best part of this Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad recipe. So many nutrients hide under those skin; it is a shame to leave them out!
The skins contain copper, phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin C (1).
Keep in mind that the nutrient content can vary depending on how you cook them. One cup of potato contains about 114 calories and 0 grams of fat.
A medium-sized potato has about 3 grams of protein (2). The word spud comes from an Old English word meaning “dig deep. The root word is from a Scandinavian word that means “to thrust forward.”
Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad is high in Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, manganese, phosphorus, and copper. It’s also high in fiber (8 g per serving) and low in cholesterol (11 mg per serving). This potato salad is highly recommended as an excellent source of protein!
How Long Does Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad?
It depends on how you store it. Potato salad will last for 1-2 days. In the refrigerator, it will last for 3 and in the freezer for 6-9 months.
How To Freeze Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad?
After you have made this salad, I recommend storing it in the refrigerator inside a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
On the day before you want to serve it, let the potato salad come to room temperature, and then place it in the frig. This way, it will stay fresh longer without getting soggy and repeatedly placed in the same container or baggie.
The Bottom Line
Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and I know an army of fans out there who adore this recipe as much as I do. And since I introduce this recipe to my friends, they also love it. Each time I make it, I always get compliments.
In fact, all my friends and family say that this is the best potato salad ever. If you haven’t had the Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad recipe, you need to try it at home.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- How To Keep Skin Hydrated In Winter: Tips And Tricks For A Glowing Complexion - March 16, 2023
- How To Maintain Healthy And Youthful Skin: Tips, Tricks, And Secrets - March 13, 2023
- Homemade Toners For Radiant Skin: Natural Ways To Boost Your Glow - March 11, 2023