Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad is a delicious, nutrient-rich side to any meal. It is a crunchy, fresh salad with healthy ingredients such as mixed greens, red onion, feta cheese, and grape tomatoes that is ready in 10 minutes.
Buy the salad mix and add your favorite toppings. Look for the salad mix in the produce section of your local grocery store.
This recipe works because it combines three powerful nutrients: fiber, protein, and healthy fat.
Fiber (and protein) help create a healthy gut environment where beneficial bacteria thrive, which in turn creates a positive effect on weight loss and improved energy levels.
All nutritional components of this recipe are easily absorbed by your body when they are immediately consumed after being harvested. This makes quick food a great choice for everyday consumption.
Table of Contents
Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad Recipe
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6-8 oz. spinach, chopped
- 8 oz. mesclun salad mix
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar [or balsamic vinegar]
- 1/4 tsp. salt [or to taste]
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper [or to taste]
Remove plastic from lettuce and spinach, wash with cold water, and thoroughly dry in a salad spinner. Tear any large leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
Chop onion into small pieces. Add to bowl with lettuce, spinach, and salad mix. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat. Top with crumbled feta cheese and tomatoes before serving.
Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad Nutrition Facts
Quantity Per Serving Calories: 151 % Daily Value
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad Attachment
Since I wrote the article, I have used this salad as a taco salad in my little house. It has been a great way to get some wonderful greens into my diet.
The dressing is tasty, the tomatoes are plentiful, and the tomatoes add a delicious zip of B-12 to your salad. You can also make smaller portions of this salad and use them as cold side salads or on sandwiches.
Best Serve With
I use the salad in a couple of ways. It is great for lunch or as a side salad. It is delicious with any meal, especially roast chicken or grilled fish.
I like to use it for dinner as a taco salad, and I will be adding it to my Thanksgiving table this year, along with my own homemade tartar sauce. Hope you enjoy it!
Health Benefits Of Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad
Trader Joes Field Fresh Chopped Salad has many health benefits, including:
- Very high in vitamin C. This vitamin has used the increase white blood cells that fight infections.
- Very high in vitamin A, which helps to protect against disease and infection.
- Very high in beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant that protects against cancer and heart disease
- High in iron, which is needed to produce energy and red blood cells; strengthens your immune system; supports tissues, nerves, and muscles; maintains healthy skin; contributes to the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Very high in vitamin E, which helps to regulate many body functions.
- Very high in potassium and low in sodium, making this a great choice for heart health.
- High in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for brain health and the immune system. This nutrient is also very beneficial for maintaining healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Low in fat makes this a great choice for weight watchers or those needing to lose a few pounds.
- Very high in dietary fiber, making this a great choice for helping to keep you feeling full between meals.
- Low in cholesterol.
The Bottom Line
I absolutely love this salad, and I recommend it to everyone who loves a good salad. It will be a great side to your meal or a main filling dish. Serve as an entree with grilled chicken or fish, or serve as a taco. Your family will love it!