The recipe for Trisha Yearwood Pasta Salad is a pasta salad that keeps well and is easy to make.
It was created by country singer and cookbook author Trisha Yearwood, who says she first made the dish for her father when he came to visit.
Pasta is a protein-rich food that is a great source of iron and calcium, so it’s important to eat plenty of it.
Salads are a good way to boost the amount of heart-healthy fruits and vegetables you get in the meal. And this one has just enough extra flavor to make it tasty.
It’s also healthy enough for last-minute company. It makes enough to feed a big crowd, and it can be made in advance and stored to keep the flavors fresh, which is a good thing. You don’t want your company to taste old pasta salad!
Trisha Yearwood Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound of whole wheat elbow macaroni
- A 2 1/2-pound bag of broccoli florets
- Half a red onion, chopped
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted (toast in the oven for 20 minutes)
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until it is just done.
- Drain and run cold water over it. Drain again.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped onion and the broccoli florets; toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Put it into the fridge for 4 hours uncovered so that it can cool down completely and get nice and cold. Add the nuts and toss gently. Cover and chill overnight.
- Set out a serving bowl and spoon out portion-sized servings of the salad just before your guests arrive.
Although this recipe calls for elbow macaroni, any small-shaped pasta will work well in this recipe, like penne or rotini.
Cool it down before adding the nuts and cheese if you’re making the salad ahead of time.
What Dressing Goes On Pasta Salad?
This is an oil and vinegar-based dressing. Depending on your taste, you may want to add more vinegar or less oil.
To Make The Vinaigrette:
1/3 cup is good red wine vinegar. Add the chopped onion, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and salt if you need it, 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Quarter all the tomatoes and add them along with the oregano to a large bowl. Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
Toss together gently with a wooden spoon. Serve at room temperature after about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
You can add more oil or vinegar if you want to thin out the dressing.
How Long Is Pasta Salad Good For In The Fridge?
The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days before serving it, but you need to make sure that you keep it well covered so that it doesn’t dry out.
If you want to freeze it, it will also keep in the freezer for a few months.
Depending on your taste preferences, the ingredients will vary to what is available. But the basic idea is pretty much the same: toss together pasta and veggies with a dressing of your choice.
What Is A Good Side For Trisha Yearwood Pasta Salad?
Trisha’s recipe doesn’t call for sides or the main dish. If you want to serve this with a good Italian meal, try it with grilled pork chops, veal scallopini, bread with olive oil and rosemary, cannellini beans (another good source of protein), roasted red peppers (another good source of iron), or a platter of sliced ripe tomatoes.
This is a very healthy recipe. The pasta salad is high in protein and low in both fat and calories.
The cashews give it some healthy unsaturated fat, which is good for you. It also contains large amounts of calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C, so it’s a good source of nutrition.
It also contains plenty of fiber from the whole wheat pasta and the broccoli florets. This helps keep your appetite down because it will help you feel full longer and stop you from eating too much that day. But it’s not necessary to have the fiber; just make sure that the salad has enough fiber to control your appetite.
Is Trisha Yearwood Pasta Salad Good For Your Health?
This is a healthy dish, as it has plenty of protein as well as some healthy fats like the good unsaturated fats that cashews contain. It’s also low in calories and very high in vitamins and minerals.
The Bottom Line
This tasty pasta salad recipe is great for dieters because it’s a low-calorie meal that fills you up because of the fiber content. It tastes even better than it is for your health. Enjoy!
- Spring Cleaning Guide: A Fresh Start For Your Home - May 13, 2023
- A Complete Guide To Cleaning Upholstered Chair - May 11, 2023
- How To Clean Kitchen Cabinets: Tips And Tricks For A Sparkling Clean Kitchen - May 6, 2023