What goes well with Caprese salad? The answer to this question is not always as simple as you may think. What makes a great companion for the fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato flavors in a Caprese salad can be tricky!
Here are some ideas: You could add prosciutto, balsamic vinegar, or olive oil. Or what about adding nuts like pine nuts, macadamia nuts, or walnuts?
When eating Caprese salads, a good thing to keep in mind is that they typically need something else on their plate.
The sweet flavors in the mozzarella don’t do well when eaten alone, so this is a great way to add some saltiness without having any meat.
Table of Contents
What is Caprese Salad?
Caprese Salad is a cold salad made of tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. It was first created in Italy by tossing together the freshest ingredients in the summer after picking them from their garden.
This dish also makes for perfect picnic food since you can just throw it all together beforehand and then eat it at a later time.
Caprese salads are a great summer meal or side dish. If you can get tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese at the peak of their season, you will have a very tasty treat on your plate!
What Goes Well With Caprese Salad?
Caprese salad is a delicious and refreshing meal that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It’s simple, easy to make, and great for parties!
There are so many different ways you can enjoy Caprese salad, but we’ll focus on some of our favorite recipes. This is a list of the top ten best main dishes that will go well with Caprese salad.
1. Caprese Burger Recipe
This burger recipe is topped with all the ingredients of a classic Caprese salad! It’s served on ciabatta bread, which will soak up all the delicious flavors from tomato juice.
2. Caprese Omelette
This omelet is filled with savory cheese, tomatoes, and basil. It’s a nice light meal to have for breakfast or brunch!
3. Grilled Eggplant Panini
This grilled eggplant panini is served on pita bread and layered with all the yummy ingredients from a Caprese salad.
4. Caprese Chicken
Grilled chicken with mozzarella and tomato sauce will make for a delicious meal! Serve it up on a bread of your choice, or eat it as is!
5. Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto pasta salad has fresh basil, tomatoes, pine nuts, mozzarella, and more. It’s a delicious side dish to any meal!
6. Caprese Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This Caprese chicken sandwich recipe is the perfect lunch to have on a busy weekday since it’s easy to put together. Plus, you can store them in an airtight container for up to three days!
7. Caprese Quesadilla Recipe
Quesadillas are a delicious Mexican food that can be enjoyed with many different fillings. Combine the classic ingredients of Caprese salad in this recipe for a light meal!
8. Caprese Skewers Recipe
Caprese skewers are great appetizers to have with many different meals. If you’re putting together a Caprese salad party, these are perfect for keeping your guests satisfied!
9. Caprese Salad Wrap Recipe
For a quick meal or a healthy snack, this Caprese wrap recipe is the perfect thing to have! You can enjoy it on its own or with other ingredients!
10. Caprese Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
This Caprese pasta salad is a combination of pasta, tomatoes, zucchini, and cheese! You can add any extra ingredients that you enjoy to your salads to make this one even more special.
These dishes are perfect for adding to a Caprese salad. Many of these recipes will go great with a Caprese sandwich, salad, or wrap!
If you’re planning on having a meal outdoors, bring along some Caprese salads to go with the main dish. This is perfect for any outdoor parties or events that you might have coming up!
These recipes are simple enough that they won’t take a lot of time for you to prepare, so get ready to whip up some tasty meals!
How to Make Caprese Salad?
Making a Caprese salad is easy. All you have to do is cut up the cheese, tomato, and basil into uniform slices, then arrange them nicely on a plate or bowl. You can keep this dish simple by just adding tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese together. However, you can add some salt and pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar for more flavor and spice.
How to Make Caprese Salad Dressing?
There are many different ways you can dress up your Caprese salad with dressing made out of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper! There is no right or wrong way to make this dressing; you can enjoy having it on your salad with a simple dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Or, you can add some more ingredients for a more spicy or sweet flavor!
Recipe for Main Dishes That Go Well With Caprese Salads
Caprese Burger Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling – Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste (or 4 large tomatoes, peeled and pureed)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 pounds ground beef (85% lean)
- 6 ciabatta rolls split in half lengthwise
1. Bring the vinegar and olive oil to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by about two-thirds, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to upper-middle position (about 5 inches from broiler); preheat broiler on high with the oven door cracked open for ventilation. Whisk tomato paste, parmesan cheese, basil, and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Add half of the tomato mixture to ground beef, season with salt and pepper, then mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Divide into 6 equal portions; stretch each portion into patties slightly larger than the rolls (burgers should be about 1/2 inch thick)
4. Working quickly, scoop one-sixth of the remaining tomato mixture onto the center of each burger. Place burgers on a large baking sheet; rub tops with oil, then broil burgers until tops are browned and puffed, about 2 minutes. If desired, flip burgers over, brush with more oil, and continue to broil until meat is cooked through (for medium-rare) or until desired doneness, about 2 more minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to the rolls. Serve immediately with balsamic vinegar steak sauce on top or on the side.
If you’re planning on having a dinner party with your family or friends, why not try making Caprese salads for everyone? It’s such an easy way to serve your guests, and this recipe will be sure to impress!
This two-ingredient salad dressing is also a great way to add some flavor to your meal. It’s simple recipes like these that make cooking at home such delicious meals possible! Make plenty of Caprese salads for you and your friends and enjoy their freshness along with the flavors of summer!
- When A Guy Wants To Hang Out With You: Signs And Insights - September 14, 2023
- Is It Normal To Lose Feelings In A Relationship - September 12, 2023
- I Don’t Care About Relationships: Embracing The Single Life - September 10, 2023